Thursday 18 January 2018

SLJ: Maui's history of Aotearoa


I have learned about things that I didn't know that was intersting like,The Maori name for that particular part? is Te Ika a Maui (North Island), and questions that we might think of is What type of fish do you think this part of Aotearoa is? A Stingray. 

I am interested because I have learned that all these answers have an important meaning to the story. Te lka a maui is important because it's the name of the fish that he caught, Stingray is the type of fish that Maui pulled up out of the water. The hook as the end of the North Island which is the head, and the long white tail is the top of the North Island

1 comment:

  1. Morena Sayonara.

    Thanks for sharing this great post with us for the Summer Learning Journey programme. It's awesome to see that you have been busy over the past few days learning about what New Zealand was like in the 1800s.

    I really enjoyed reading about Maui and learning more about him. He must have been very strong to pull the north island out of the water. I can remember reading about his many brave acts when I was in school. We read 'Maui and the Sun' and 'Maui and the Giant Fish.' I have never read 'Maui and the Goddess of Fire' though. Have you read it?

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.